Rimac Technology becomes an independent entity within the Rimac group

0

The Rimac Group is now fully operational as an umbrella company integrating Bugatti Rimac and the new standalone Rimac Technology business.

The Rimac Group is the majority shareholder of Bugatti Rimac with a 55% stake and Porsche owns the remaining 45%. Rimac Technology – the sister company of the former Rimac Automobili – is on its way to becoming a fully independent company, 100% owned by Rimac Group. It will continue and expand its engineering, development, production and supply of high performance battery systems, electric drive units, electronic systems and user interface components for which Rimac is known, having established a reputation as a leading provider of advanced performance electrification technologies.

Today, Rimac Technology works with car manufacturers across Europe. Rimac Technology is publicly known to have worked with OEMs such as Porsche, Hyundai, Kia, Automobili Pininfarina, Koenigsegg and Aston Martin. Rimac Technology says it is ramping up production capacity and will manufacture tens of thousands of high-performance systems per year by 2024 and will further increase to volumes in the hundreds of thousands with products ranging from small hybrid battery systems to complete rolling frames.

As CEO of the Rimac Group, Mate Rimac will lead both Bugatti Rimac and Rimac Technology. Bugatti and Rimac Automobili continue to be separate respective brands, both operating as part of Bugatti Rimac with shared R&D and other core functions while retaining existing production facilities and distribution channels. Bugatti Rimac represents the company that will develop the future of Bugatti and Rimac vehicles, uniting resources and expertise in research and development, production and other areas.

Share.

Comments are closed.